welcome to our mayhem.

Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011

NYFW, lest we forget








Wow, this is actually the first NYFW related post. The lack of coverage was not only due to sheer laziness on my side but also simply caused by the fact that most shows really fail to impress me. It is without a doubt a question of taste and the American designers surely deliver for a certain audience, but with the exception of surprisingly liking the creations by the Olsen Twins for The Row (deary me) I was quite disappointed by usual must-sees such as Alex Wang or the over-hyped Rodarte sisters. Nevertheless, there is a certain twosome that NEVER fails to make me utterly happy and that is Jack and Lazaro.







Usually not quite a patterns-person I am falling in love with their mixing and matching of shapes and colors season after season. This time around inspired by Native Indian American blankets picked up while on a road trip they made use of high quality fabrics such as macramee from India, jacquard made in Italy, or hand-painted chiffon velvet. Needless to say that the spiral shaped dresses are to die for. I am a fan.


All images via Vogue.com.

Keine Kommentare: